• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Four Cited For Illegal Wheeling

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
Last names removed for privacy...

News Release from: Oregon State Police
FOUR CITED ON CRIMINAL TRESPASS AND MISCHIEF OFFENSES FOLLOWING 4-WHEELER INCIDENT ON PRIVATE REFORESTED MEADOW IN HOOD RIVER COUNTY
An Oregon State Police (OSP) Fish & Wildlife Division investigation into a complaint that 4-wheel drive vehicles trespassed and damaged a reforested meadow on private SDS Lumber Company property in Hood River County led to four Mosier-area men being cited for criminal trespass and mischief offenses.

On March 18, 2009 OSP Senior Trooper Joel McNerney received a report that several vehicles were stuck in a reforested meadow on SDS Lumber Company property off Huskey Hill Road causing approximately a thousand dollars in damage. Subsequent to an investigation by McNerney with the assistance of Senior Trooper Swede Pearson, four suspects were identified and interviewed. They were cited to appear in Hood River County Circuit Court on felony and misdemeanor charges.

The investigation alleges the incident began on the evening of March 17th when a white 1986 Toyota pickup and blue 1987 Ford Bronco became buried in the mud on private SDS Lumber Company property. The next day, four men returned to the area in a black 2001 Toyota Tundra pickup and tan Army National Guard Humvee. They drove these vehicles into the meadow where they also became stuck. They called a tow company to come out and remove the four stuck vehicles.

One of the men reportedly is an Army National Guard member and had checked the Humvee out for a road test but instead used it to come out to the meadow to try and help remove the stuck vehicles. It should also be noted that the blue Ford Bronco driven by a different person not involved in this incident got stuck in the middle of Hood River near Dee, Oregon on February 1, 2009.

The following four men were each cited for Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, a class C felony, and Criminal Trespass in the Second Degree, a class A misdemeanor:

* JIMMIE, age 20, from Mosier

* JAMES, age 26, from Mosier

* JONATHAN, age 26, from Mosier

* TRAVIS, age 27, from Mosier

Criminal Mischief in the First Degree is a class C felony punishable by a maximum fine of $125,000 and 5 years in prison.

Criminal Trespass in the Second Degree is a class C misdemeanor punishable by a maximum fine of $1,250 and 30 days in jail.

Photograph Source: Oregon State Police

031809.mischief.1.jpg

031809.mischief.2.jpg

031809.mischief.5.jpg

031809.mischief.6.jpg

031809.mischief.7.jpg

Wow....just wow. You have to be really stupid to do that. They obviously weren't well equiped, the trucks to tow them out sure weren't equiped very well, and they didn't even have decent mud tires or air down, and it was all illegal. They're getting what they deserve.

~Scott

WOW! It's nice to see the article didn't call all the vehicles Jeeps.

You would think that men in their mid-late 20's would know better than that. Not just wheeling there in the first place, but how about a little common sense in the extraction process? Let's see, it's a gooey mud bog where we've a;ready stuck one or two rigs, I know! Let's drive them all into it! They're all screwed, but the serviceman who checked out the Hummer under false pretenses, and then got cited while getting it stuck on illegal-to-wheel land? Pretty sure he'll be getting both barrels from Uncle Sam.

This is the obvious front-runner for Dumbass Wheeling incident of the Year.

It should also be noted that the blue Ford Bronco driven by a different person not involved in this incident got stuck in the middle of Hood River near Dee, Oregon on February 1, 2009.

??? So this truck was lent to someone else and got stuck again? Ford owners.....:twak:

yeah know we run into this on my girlfriends property all the time people think that they have the right to use her property however they like. they leave there trash and use her beach and then give me lip when ask to leave what gives. Im a 4 wheeler and i ride atvs but would i ever use someones property witout permission hell no i hope they get the book thrown at them. Frankly im tired of taking my vacation time to go out and clean up someone elses mess. And thats not the worst part i have to be armed on my own property to feel safe now whats the world coming to. Then people wonder why all of the places to 4 wheel are being closed down. Ill tell ya why because of people that tresspass and dont follow the rules ever heard of tread lightly idiots :flamemad::nono::soapbox: sorry had to be said sorry and im done

Back