• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Axle Shafts for 8.25?

PapaGeno21

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, I did search but for some reason 8.25 wont be searched with it?

Anyways, heres the status.

Im on 35" KM2's with 4.56 Gears on my 8.25 29 Spline.

Im going to be throwing an aussie in there in a few weeks.

Do I need aftermarket shafts for this? I dont wheel it hard, but I wouldnt mind some reassurance that somethings there to back it up.

Ive found:

Alloy USA
Superior
Yukon

They are all made with 1541H I guess, so why are they priced differently? The Alloys are the most and the Superiors are the cheapest. Which ones are actually the better shafts, or if there are any other companys that make them Id love to see them.

Thanks guys!

If you haven't seen the size of the shafts, you will feel a bit better about them once you see them. As long as your not super hard on them, I don't see you having an issue

I have seen them, and removed them and whatnot, they are deffinatley beefy shafts.

Just was wondering what a good alloy one would be. Then I could carry a stocker as a spare like CanMan had mentioned.

Dutchman also makes them. I ve been running mine for about 6 years now with no problems.

Dutchman makes an excellent product.
Even if superior was the cheapest, I wouldn't hesitate to try them.

I run Alloy USAs in mine and have zero complaints with 33s and wheelin hard on em. mattyj has bent a couple on 35s running JV trails which are extremely hard. it depends on your trails and your foot

Not to hijack but anyone got pics of some upgraded shafts beside 29 spline stock shafts?

I pulled mine this weekend and my buddy said he knows theyre different than the 27 spline but mine have more of a machined finish to them and its a lot more than what he said the stock ones had. Just thought Id ask.

If I find that out I might can find out what cant they are and help with this thread LOL.

Called Dutchman, they want around 45 for shipping..

The Yukons have free shipping on Jasons website, and are 130 each, so its 260.. Not really sure who to go with as far as which brand.

Hoping to order sometime in the next couple weeks.

Last edited:
According to your math, it's a $10 difference. Is cash that tight?

Dutchman are going to be 265 shipped

Yukon is 260 Shipped

Superior is 275 Shipped

Alright then I guess Dutchman it is!

Never checked the price on the Superior shipping, so I guess Dutchman is best. 5 dollars more than the Yukons and they have more support I guess.

Back