• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have the install on the 5.5" RE long arm kit?

bwfdrums

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone have the install on the 5.5" RE long arm kit? I can't find one.

thx so much! wow there really isn't much on these instructions? haha.

the important things for me were: making sure the bellypan and control arm brackets were properly installed (measure and measure again so its not mounted at an angle) and when your putting in your control arms, make sure to measure them out equally like said in the instructions.

for the control arm brackets it says to take a hole saw to put the little plate in the unibody rails for the two bolts to bolt up to. i just took an angle grinder and cut out a rectangle shaped tab, folded it down, mounted the brackets then folded the tab back and welded it back into place.

upper control arms were a pain in the ass to get off, so i just cut them as close to the body as i could and left them there for the time being.

make sure to have a sawzal and some nice metal cutting blades, you will use a few cutting the original lower control arm mounts off.

i just completed my lift not too long ago with a friend, so its still fresh in my mind. if you have any questions PM me or something, ill try to give you advice the best i can. i see your from ohio, where in ohio are you from? i could let you borrow my instructions, they are a bit dirty though haha.

did yours come with instructions? if so i could be ok. I just heard it didnt come with any. My lift should be here in a few days. Im just trying to brush up on it before i get it. I live i columbus OH. Have any pics of your jeep with the lift on?

thx so much! wow there really isn't much on these instructions? haha.

Yeah, that's all the instructions I had with the kit too! It made me a little uneasy and I chickened out, traded some parts to a friend with a shop who said other than drilling all of the PIA holes, it was simple. . .

ya im sure it will be like a 10 hour job. Im def gonna have some help of friends.`and there some of things off the kit i wont use like the trac bar and and mount, quick disconnects and the lil boatside/mini skid things.

Back