• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97XJ power window goes down, not up. No grinding!

Camo-5

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. I found tons of threads where the cable became stripped or disconnected from the big plastic thing that's attached to the window, but none describing my issue. The window goes down from both passenger and driver's switch with no grinding noise. It does not go up. No motor noise when I push the knob in the up direction. I'm thinking it's the switch, but I'm not sure.

How does the regulator motor run both up and down? Is there a reverse of current that reverses the motor or 2 seperate wires, one for up and one for down? I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the switch to see if the motor will still work to move the motor up. If it does, I know I have a bad switch.

Thanks!

I had that cable issue on mine, which required I take the door apart several times. I can say this:
I would suggest you take the door panel apart, and check at the motor switch. If I remember correctly (This is very faint), the motor just uses reversed polarity, so I would think it has something to do with the switch or wiring to the motor.

If you take the panel off, you can confirm what I said above and confirm if your motor is working in both directions. The panel will take you about 5 minutes to take appart with a phillips screwdriver, not worth overanalyzing the issue for the time it take to do this.

Back