• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crossmember gas

raelayotte

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 Cherokee Laredo. I have a rapid gas leak and I can't tell where it is coming from. It looks as though it is coming from the cross member from where the shock is attached just in front of the gas tank, but there doesn't seem to be any gas lines under the cross member for it to be leaking from. I am very confused. I have lost 1/8th of a tank since this morning. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.
Rael

Maybe its not from a gas line or return gas line.
If you lost gas, you mention 1/8 of a tank. Has it stop flowing out?
If that's a yes then you have a tear in the tank. So the best way to check is to add gas and get under and look for leaks. OR you could take the tank out and give it a look at
it. Also look around the tank sending unit?

good luck

have you looked under there while the truck is running? if not, the gas you are seeing on the cross member could be spraying from a burst line and ending up there.

Don't even run it, for safeties sake, drop the tank and examine it.

let darwin take his course rich...

You don't need to start/run the vehicle. Put on some safety glasses, jack up the the Jeep, and crawl under the passenger side. Have someone turn the ignition on, the fuel pump will prime. If the lines are leaking, this should cause them to leak/spray. Just make sure you don't get gas in your mouth/eyes.....

Back