• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission help, Servo piston help anyone?

RomanS

NAXJA Forum User
I have been replacing the front main seal n my 00'XJ and my friend helping me removed (from what I understand to be the Servo piston ) located on the driverside of the tranny, I have never had one out. when i atempted to reinstall it it would not go in far enough, there is a rod inside the tranny to which it looks like this servo piston thing would ride on but it will not fall into place to let the servo go in far enough to put the cover plate back on, if anyone could help it would be great.

:NAXJA:

ok i found the manual for the AW4, (http://www.scribd.com/doc/2922823/AW4-manual1)

and from what i could find out is this thing is called the second coast brake servo componet, found on pg 22 of the manual, on there there are doing as the bottom end is removedso you can axcess the inerds, my question is there anyway of doing it without tearing my tranny half apart? If not they should put an advisory on that like do not remove, like some of the bolts on the AX5's

It should go right back in. The solenoids fail and people replace them with the tranny still in the vehicle all the time. Can you maybe post a picture?

Back