• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

15X10 wheels Question?

Tweeternpi

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to get new to me wheels for my XJ. Right now I have 32/11.50's on it. When they get bald I am going with 33/12.50s. but I need wheels now. I keep finding 15X10's around me alot. What would be the problem with running a 15X10 wheel? I am not a hardcore wheeler, I do not do alot of rocks or mud. I like to go trailriding, and do some courses but that is maybe 2 times a year. I go out to the Dunes maybe 2 times a year.

Would I have any problems running 15X10s. Or should I just hold out for 15X8s.

thanks alot.

Nope i ran my 15x10 steel wheels with 32x11.5 MT/Rs for about 8 months and i had no problems what so ever. I aired down to around 12psi to keep me from blowing a bead but other then that it was fine.

It really comes down to personal preference. I like the wide stance that the 10s give me. They will make your tire stick out further from the fenders though (If your worried about fender coverage)

I run 15x10's with 33x12.50's..... No problems with one exception, your rig will get drity very fast as the wider tire really throws the dirt and mud up the side of the doors.

I really think 8's would be better, but as said allready it's personal preference.

I run 33x12.5 ProComp Xtreme MTs on 15x10 steelies w/ no problems as of yet. As said before, just don't air down to extremes and you should be fine. I've only had mine as low as 15psi when the beach is really soft -no rock climbing in southern NJ.

Back