• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

If money didn't matter

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
So here is the deal, I'm wanting to see what people out here would do or go for if money didn't matter.
If money didn't matter at all what would you do to your XJ? In fact would you keep the XJ and fix it up all the way or would you get something different for going wheeling? If you would get something different what would it be?
This is the chance to get your dreams out there I want to hear what you all have to say and think anything goes.

Use the XJ for mild wheelin.

But id do a full chromoly tube buggy, hi9's F&R, CTM axles and joints, 6.2L LS9 or a turbo'd and stroked 6.0 LS(aluminum one), 4L80, Atlas, fancy coilovers on all 4 corners, 4 link'd, 40's or 42's stickes, beadlocks, aluminum body skins, ect.. All the fancy stuff.

My Huge ranch in Montana would have a nice jeepin' trail around the outskirts and each day I wold choose between my ATVs, 4x4s and snow mobiles as to how I wished to motor around it... And occasionally I'd take my excavator out and build a totally different trail so that I didn't get too bored.

tube buggy with mog axles and a built duramax and put a metro body on it sitting on 54" tires oh ya and keep the ac functional cuse it would be one hot ride

yj tj lj or jk. v8 d60s very little lift 4 at most. but lots of trimming. 37s. atlas t case. full cage.

also keep xj v8 atlas 4 inch lift atlas. lots of trimming. 35s. exo hybrid.

then a tow rig maybe an urban gorrila. (is that what there called)

Flat bed, exo cage, mog portals, Biggest Creepy Crawlers i can get, 4.7L stroker or a 350, dual cases(with one being an atlas twin stick). All on my 'manche.

Tow rig - 2009 f350 4x4, 4 door long bed. 39.5'' swampers, trash the 6.0 for a built to the hilt 7.3L turbo diesel with a completely tunable ECU, and the biggest turbo i can find.

Street car - 2010 Rousch racing Mustang, every option, supercharger, programable ecu, 3'' straight pipe, detroit locked rear, 5 spd, hard top.

Street truck - 1971 ford f100, black and white, built 351 cleveland, C6, 9'' rear, detroit locked, bagged, 16.5'' rims with stock dog dish hubcaps.

Last edited:
I'd buggy out my XJ a little more, and make it ProMod legal.

Id buy a short wheelbase jeep and make a stock mod rig outta that.

I'd buy an MJ and put a ramjet 502 in it, and make 'the worlds quickest Jeep pickup', hopefully run 10's all motor, maybe 9's with a blower?

I'd definately buy a house with a 3 car garage, and a detached shop with at least 2 bays.

I'd donate a BUNCH of money to Blue Ribbon Coalition, as I think they are the most informed land use cause out there.

I'd buy some private land with lots of rocks, make some competition courses, and make some hardcore rocks that dont have mud on them, so you guys up here can get a feel for what 'high traction' does :D

I would build a new XJ into an extreme expedition rig with everything amazing known to man, then I would buy a new U5000 Unimog, build it similarly, and then tour the world with the XJ in tow.

If money didnt matter I wouldnt be wasting my time on here with you fags....

163_0805_09z+4Wheel_Parts_Truck_and_Jeep_Fest+overkill_engineering_rock_crawler.jpg

Displacement: 350-800 horsepower Custom: Handmade Transmission System: Automatic Engine Type: V-8 Place of origin: Texas United States Model No: Buggy Fob Price: US$ 250,000~750,000 Houston Port: Houston Payment Terms: T/T,Deposit Minimum Order Quantity: 1 Piece/Pieces Supply Ability: 1 Piece/Pieces per Quarter Package: All vehicles will be shipped to the nearest U.S. port. Delivery Time: 3-5 months depending on your requests Brand Name: Overkill Engineering

lets see....
first i would build a tow vehilce. probly a 67 doge quad cab shortbed. get a cummins with twin turbos probably running in the 1k hp rage. and a trailer big enough to put 2 xj on.
then i would get 2 97+ xj and build them for jeep speed baja style.

after i ran baja for the first time i would buy as much land as close to central sound with easy acess to i5 to build a huge 4x4 park.

then if i had money after that i would buy a tank. or a half track :)

Flat bed, exo cage, mog portals, Biggest Creepy Crawlers i can get, 4.7L stroker or a 350, dual cases(with one being an atlas twin stick). All on my 'manche.

Tow rig - 2009 f350 4x4, 4 door long bed. 39.5'' swampers, trash the 6.0 for a built to the hilt 7.3L turbo diesel with a completely tunable ECU, and the biggest turbo i can find.

Street car - 2010 Rousch racing Mustang, every option, supercharger, programable ecu, 3'' straight pipe, detroit locked rear, 5 spd, hard top.

Street truck - 1971 ford f100, black and white, built 351 cleveland, C6, 9'' rear, detroit locked, bagged, 16.5'' rims with stock dog dish hubcaps.

I think that about sums it up. Except for me it would be an XJ instead of an MJ

Saw this at the sportsman show and I think I would want one of them oh and a lot more then just this thing but I justwanted to sure this pic with you all its something different thats for sure lol
lift001.jpg

I think I would want one to just have it lol

If money were no object? I'd build a tube-buggy on 44"s with the requisite D60s, LT1, T350, Atlas II, et al and trailer it around behind a diesel F350, spending my time on trails both local and across the nation. And like was mentioned, I'd have a 10-20 acre spread with an nice little trail system of my own for backyard shenanigans.

I actually envision retirement being a little like that. Time will tell.

Back