• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA bushing problem

MapleDitch

NAXJA Forum User
I installed new stock upper control arm bushings when I did my lift. The problem is the bushing is loose in the socket(supposed to be a press fit).

It can't fall out because the control arm holds it together, but it walks back and forth in the socket...and I'm worried it will cause damage to the mount.

I took it out and used locktite on it, but that broke free of that as soon as I went off road.

Any suggestions?

UCA.jpg

UCA003.jpg

Didn't melt the rubber at all? I might just have to try that.

Just have to borrow a welder!

Buy a new control arm they are only $20. I surpised you can drive without DW at all speeds.
Did you even read his problem?

:dunce:

:rolleyes:

The bushing isnt in the control arm on the axle end.

He wont get DW with just 1 bushing not fitting tight.

Tack weld it or buy an RE mount like I did. Much more beefier.

Or do like I did and weld in a complete bushing cradle rom JKS.

I like those cradles. Do you have to fab your own mount, then weld in the cradle? Or can you weld it into your existing mount?

To put it in the existing mount, must the cradle be cut down, or the holes on the mount enlarged?

Thanks

Did you even read his problem?

:dunce:

Yes i did, his bushing is loose in the arm. This is due to the hole in the arm is wollered out and wont hold the new bushings. just saying that since they are stock arms anyway, why waste all the time fixing a $20 dollar part? Going to have to anyways next time he changes the bushing. Also not ussualy not a good idea welding on a Rubber bushing, they tend to melt, if you do a weld, well enough to actual bond the steal.

CHEAPER IS NOT BETTER, IT IS JUST CHEAPER.

The bushing is not even a part of the control arm. That is not a stock control arm, but a RC adj. upper control arm.

The bushing is separate, and looks like this:

33672-lg.jpg

The control arm is new, and the bushing is new.

I'm going to try and answer the question, though admittedly, I have not changed that bushing.

It loooks to me that the bushing is press fit into the verticals, just like they do on the LCAs and rear UCA bushing on a stock control arm.

So, it seems to me, that to install that cradle, one would need to make the holes in the mount larger with a dremmel, slide the cradle in, then tack in the cradle.

Then press the new bushing in the cradle, and volia' you have a good repair.

You may need to PM RCX if he doesn't show again for specifics on how he did his repair.

93gc40: I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The UCA bushings at the axle are on the axle, not the UCA. This is a picture of a rustys UCA. http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-CA121-UV&Category_Code=ARMS
See the "fork side", that straddles the bushing that we're discussing.

Last edited:
Yes i did, his bushing is loose in the arm. This is due to the hole in the arm is wollered out and wont hold the new bushings. just saying that since they are stock arms anyway, why waste all the time fixing a $20 dollar part? Going to have to anyways next time he changes the bushing. Also not ussualy not a good idea welding on a Rubber bushing, they tend to melt, if you do a weld, well enough to actual bond the steal.

CHEAPER IS NOT BETTER, IT IS JUST CHEAPER.

No, you didnt. :twak:

Its the upper control arm. There is NO bushing on the axle end of the arm!! Tack welds are just fine to hold the bushing in the bracket on the AXLE.

Back