• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12" Fox Dual Rate Coil Overs

2001XJ-32

NAXJA Forum User
So my friend lost a bet and cant pay up... he wants to give me a set of Fox 2.0 dual rate coil overs that he has in his garage...

Is this simply awsome or is there a downside?

there's downsides....
I'll take 'em off your hands.

but in reality, putting in coilovers are a ton of work, a ton of money, and yea, not worth it unless you know what you're doing

modify the mounts.... you'll have to make completely new ones....
hopefully you have a lot of fab skills?

and 10 bucks
:D

Guess I will be keeping them.

No Jeepin' fab skills really but I like to build and want to learn. Mounts shouldn't be to difficult with thought and planning.

Anyone else with experience on this? Worth the hastle?

I like the idea of dual rate coils a lot!

So my friend lost a bet and cant pay up... he wants to give me a set of Fox 2.0 dual rate coil overs that he has in his garage...

Is this simply awsome or is there a downside?

how much does he owe you? are they used?

if you dont use them, then there worth zero to you unless you sell them.

Down side is they are short and probably wont have the spring rate for your XJ. Could be cool in the rear of an XJ.

12" of travel is plenty for my set up... currently running a 4.5" RE lift. I know this changes everything.

they are 31" open and 19" closed, so it would give me an extra ~2" of lift in the front...

Yep, they would be cool with a 4 link in the rear for sure... down the road...

Back