• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44 swap brake question

tommyboy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm doing a ford hp 44 swap and I'm stuck on the brakes. Idk what to get or where to look. What can I still use of the xj brakelines and what do I need to buy. Can anyone possibly have a part number or a product of reference? TIA!

Did you check the Banjo bolts, see if they are the same?

I know the the XJ uses a 3/8" Banjo bolt, and the Chevy/FSJ calipers use a 7/16" bolt. I can't remember if the fords use a 3/8" or not.

I think, not positive, the Ford stuff might be 3/8", as I think the Banjo bolt from the Ford was too small for the FSJ calipers I had. In this case, you wouldn't need to change anything with the brakelines.

What knucles are you using? What brake rotors, what calipers?

I can tell you this, if you're using Chevy type flat top knuckles with Chevy K10 calipers you can use the stock XJ brake lines but will have to use the proper Chevy banjo bolts.
I have no idea what to use if you're using the Ford stuff though.

What knucles are you using? What brake rotors, what calipers?

I can tell you this, if you're using Chevy type flat top knuckles with Chevy K10 calipers you can use the stock XJ brake lines but will have to use the proper Chevy banjo bolts.
I have no idea what to use if you're using the Ford stuff though.
I'm using the ford knuckles as well as caliper and rotor.

You can get new lines that have a 7/16" square mating piece.

Or if you wanted, and you already have stainless steel lines, you could be very careful with a drill and open up the 3/8" hole in the current lines. If you have stock rubber lines, then buy new ones.

My yj lines bolted up when I did my swap. I do however run Chevy flat tops and Chevy calipers.

No. Just look around for SS brake lines. There are plenty of places that sell custom SS lines for relatively small amounts of money. Get in touch with them, and tell them what you need.

The SS lines I had were from my Rubicon Express kit. I opened up the hole to 7/16". Not the ideal way, but everything worked and I haven't had any problems with them.

standard.jpg

Back