• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ranger Exhaust

Alanpr

NAXJA Forum User
So my muffler has completely rusted out and has stuff hanging out of it. It sounds horrible.

My little brother bought a Gibson muffler for his 3.0 ranger. He didn't like it so he tossed it in our shed where its been sitting for the past year or two.

My question is, would there be any issues if i had this exhaust put on my 4.0 xj?

As i don't know much about exhaust i'm mainly trying to figure out if there would be any sort of airflow restriction due to it being for a smaller engine.

Last edited:
what's the diameter of the gibson inlet and outlet, and what's the diameter of the exhaust on your jeep?

It should fit without much of an issue... I wouldn't go smaller than 2 1/4" diameter though as that is stock diameter.

what's the diameter of the gibson inlet and outlet, and what's the diameter of the exhaust on your jeep?

It should fit without much of an issue... I wouldn't go smaller than 2 1/4" diameter though as that is stock diameter.

I'de have to go look but for some reason i think i remember thinking to myself that the gibson's diameter on the inlet was actually larger than the stocker...

Just went and measured looks like the in and out were both 2 1/2. My little brother just came and picked up the xj he's got the day off so he's gonna run it over there for me. I guess we'll see how things go.

Back