• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Shocks?

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
I can't find much on their remote reservoir shocks... does anybody have a source for extended & compressed lengths? Or any info on valving? (Is there only one option?) I'm considering these in place of some 5150s... For the most part, I hear people like them
dunno.gif

I'll call them tomorrow, but they're closed now, and customer service is not exactly their strong-suit, so I thought I'd see if any of you have more information.

Thanks,
Billy

why would you waste your time and money on rubicon express remote reservoir shocks, when you can buy a fox 2.0 for about the same price, and end up w/ an infinately better shock, that will hold its resale value infinately longer, while being infinately easier to rebuild/source replacement parts....

FOX or FAIL.

I'd be interested in this as well. I was contemplating the 5150's but now am leaning towards the RE monotubers so I know the valving and size will match the RE 4.5 lift i'm getting in a couple weeks.

REs are ~189.
Edelbrocks (same shock) ~169.

I would love some 7100's. I just can't see myself spending that much on shocks at this stage. I will be buying fronts within the next couple weeks though.

I'm thinking 5150 since they seem to get good reviews and 100. bucks a pop isn't bad either.

You might be right. 7100 MSRP is 169. I thought they'd be up there with Fox at >200.

Anyone know of a good vendor for these? Here or Pirate?

You might be right. 7100 MSRP is 169. I thought they'd be up there with Fox at >200.

Anyone know of a good vendor for these? Here or Pirate?

Depends on the style you wanna go with. 7100 is kind of a general statement. There are options to them. :)

If you're looking for Bilstein, hit me up backchannel and I'll get you my contact info (I work for a Bilstein reseller).

I'm hoping to pick some up at RE's sidewalk sale on Saturday. I don't think I'd pay more than the 5150s would be... just trying to be prepared for a good deal!
Thanks all,
Billy

oh good point.
since they're just edelbrock re-labeled you should tell them they were just selling for 65 bucks each

So the RE monotubes a re-labeled edelbocks, if so the RE's should mount tube down like the edelbocks? I might have mine upside down then....

So the RE monotubes a re-labeled edelbocks, if so the RE's should mount tube down like the edelbocks? I might have mine upside down then....
Does that make any difference?

Does that make any difference?

Not sure, but I had edlbrock shocks on my truck and the say to mount piston down. Dont know what difference it makes.

my understanding is that twin tube shocks need to be mounted with the tube at the bottom and single or mono tube shocks could be mounted either way.

my understanding is that twin tube shocks need to be mounted with the tube at the bottom and single or mono tube shocks could be mounted either way.
That works for me.....

eshocks.com has the best price I have found on 7100's.

That's where I've made all of my Bilstein purchases. Overall I was happy with my purchases from them. Only downside I can think of is at the time the sales staff didn't seem terribly knowledgable with advanced shock questions and would refer you to Bilstein's tech support. So the price is right, but the product support was thin.

Back