• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaybar hits cooling lines

Brad Klammer

NAXJA Forum User
My stock swaybar rubs against my tranny cooler line at the point where the hardline is verticle and it has developed a leak. Has anyone else run into this problem and have any solutions?

Do you have a lift? If so you should have extended links.
Do you have extended links? If not, they should fix that angle that allows the sway bar to rub.

I have a 3" lift and JKS quick discos, but the line rubs right dead center where it doesn't matter what angle it's on. No matter how my disco's are set the swaybar in the middle will always be in the same position.

Bend the lines for clearance, or buy some longer lines and custom route them.

Cool, just wasn't sure if it was safe to bend those hard lines thanks Joe. I'll have to replace both though as they've been damaged by the swaybar rubbing them constantly.

Are you going to just cut the lines and put in some rubber hose with clamps for a quick fix?

Just be careful when bending, better yet buy a tube bending tool, they are cheap at any parts store.

Not sure... I was planning on replacing with the stock parts? I have to pull off my bumper b/c I want to over-haul my cooling system so I'll most likely see what my best option is at that point.

Ok, sounds like you've got a handle on it.

Back