• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

she wants just 2 more inches!!!!!!

ktw0520

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a 99 cherokee, typical fresman set up on this rig. 3" rough country with new springs in the front, leafs in the rear and new shocks to match. Second time buying this lift for 2 different XJ's. Finally time to step up and go bigger. Ok well sophmore status maybe. I'm looking to add 2" with spacers in the front and 2" shackles in the rear. Looking to gain more groundclearence and flex but without having to spend too much. Again sophmore status here. I understand so far that with the extra 2 I will need to lower my control arms and have looked at the relocate kit from rough country keeping the stock arms. Also I hear brake lines are tight so I am looking to add longer steel braided. The last part I'm questioning is the pitman arm? New extended arm is needed!! Is this correct??? I am looking to run 33x10.50x15 on this set up. Will they fit or do I need 32"s??? Anyone else out there done this before? Any suggestions? I am trying to stay within a budget not sure the disconnets and track bar options are in my range right now. Sorry for the book just needed help.

Adjustable trac bar, on a 99 a SYE is in order. extended brake lines, your planning on drop brackets. i would seriously consider new uca and lca's also.pitman isn't necessary.

as far as brake lines I dont know about the 99 but my 96 I plan on unbolting them and then straighten them by hand to save time and money. (Im moving up to 4.5 and I already have an sye) I plan on using a drop braket in the rear.

I currently have a 99 cherokee, typical fresman set up on this rig. 3" rough country with new springs in the front, leafs in the rear and new shocks to match. Second time buying this lift for 2 different XJ's. Finally time to step up and go bigger. Ok well sophmore status maybe. I'm looking to add 2" with spacers in the front and 2" shackles in the rear. Looking to gain more groundclearence and flex but without having to spend too much. Again sophmore status here. I understand so far that with the extra 2 I will need to lower my control arms and have looked at the relocate kit from rough country keeping the stock arms. Also I hear brake lines are tight so I am looking to add longer steel braided. The last part I'm questioning is the pitman arm? New extended arm is needed!! Is this correct??? I am looking to run 33x10.50x15 on this set up. Will they fit or do I need 32"s??? Anyone else out there done this before? Any suggestions? I am trying to stay within a budget not sure the disconnets and track bar options are in my range right now. Sorry for the book just needed help.

New track bar is more important than drop brackets for that amount of lift

Step 1- Call Rough Country
Step 2- Ask for Jason
Step 3- Ask him what he thinks you need
Step 4- place order
Step 5- Install
Step 6- Enjoy

My list for you
Shackles
Transfer Case Drop
Control Arm Drop
2 inch spacers
Track Bar
Shocks (either 8000's or 2.2's)

I have that same exact setup.
1. A SYE is needed
2. drop brackets are not needed
3. I was running without a new trackbar for 6 months but just put the RE HD one on Sunday. I'd say you need a trackbar.
4. ADJ control arms are nice and easy to put on while you have it all apart but not totally necessary.
5. You do need an extended rear brake line, but in the front you can just bend the hard line and straighten it and drill a new hole and relocate it.
6. You do not need a drop pitman arm.
7. I think you will need extended sway bar end links of some kind. I'm not sure because I have run quick disconnects from the beginning.
8. You can fit 33's but you will need to trim and bumpstop accordingly.

I hope that helps.

I have that same exact setup.
1. A SYE is needed
2. drop brackets are not needed
3. I was running without a new trackbar for 6 months but just put the RE HD one on Sunday. I'd say you need a trackbar.
4. ADJ control arms are nice and easy to put on while you have it all apart but not totally necessary.
5. You do need an extended rear brake line, but in the front you can just bend the hard line and straighten it and drill a new hole and relocate it.
6. You do not need a drop pitman arm.
7. I think you will need extended sway bar end links of some kind. I'm not sure because I have run quick disconnects from the beginning.
8. You can fit 33's but you will need to trim and bumpstop accordingly.

I hope that helps.

so your suggesting at 5", keep the stock control arms and dont get control arm drop brackets?

if so, i disagree. im at 4.5" up front with RE adj uppers and lowers and would not even consider running stock arms at that height, unless they work with drop brackets.

i agree with 89xj

you said you wanted more ground clearance and flex. if you want more flex id do new control arms imo. a 2" shackle in the rear wont give you ground clearance in the rear either. but it sounds like its on a buget so figure out whats really needed.

i agree with 89xj

you said you wanted more ground clearance and flex. if you want more flex id do new control arms imo. a 2" shackle in the rear wont give you ground clearance in the rear either. but it sounds like its on a buget so figure out whats really needed.

Bigger tires give the ground clearance. Shackles give you room for bigger tires. Shackles + Bigger tires = More clearance

Control arm drops are fairly inexpensive and give added flex. The only trouble with the stock arms is the inability to resist damage. They will be fine to start off with because the CAD drops the suspension geometry and makes the length of the stock arms almost correct. Try some fixed arms and the CAD from Rough Country if you prefer the beefier LCAs. The only thing I dont like about the Rough Country CAD is the shape of it. It looks like it would get hung a bunch.

Back