• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bastard pack questions

96TNXJ

NAXJA Forum User
hey I have a set of blazer leafs and a set of main leafs from an s10 and I was wanting to know what combo of these leafs do I want/need to get about 4.5-5 inches and still be pretty flexy??

Take the whole s-10 spring pack, cut the spring eyes off the s-10 main leaf. Discard the short flat s-10 overload spring. Install all the s-10 leaves under the stock original Cherokee main leaf and you will get approximately 4.5 inches of lift.

using the xj main, you need to mix and match the s10 main(with eyes cut off) and blazer leaves to see what height and spring rate you get.

right now I have both the main s10 and blazer leafs and the leaf below the blazer main in and I took out the second leaf down out of the xj pack and it sits 2 inches high on the ground. Is that close you think??

right now I have both the main s10 and blazer leafs and the leaf below the blazer main in and I took out the second leaf down out of the xj pack and it sits 2 inches high on the ground. Is that close you think??

close to what? you need the weight of the vehicle on the springs to really tell.

doing a bastard pack can be a lot of trial and error.

Back