• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new bumper for me

kboyts

NAXJA Forum User
Did anyone else order a bumper from Nates 4x4 during this current sale? Not sure how long its going on but damn nice prices.

I got his non winch front bumper with the grill guard, grade 8 hardware, and light tabs for $200 ! :rof:His slimline winch bumper is also on sale for $300
Perfect timing for a sale since I have been scouring the board looking for tow hooks, now I dont have to waste my money on them and get a whole replacement bumper with recovery !

When the description says accepts 3/4" shackles, does that refer to the shackle body size, or the pin diameter?

unknown.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the same bumper but have had it for a few years. I think I paid $225 so that would be a pretty good deal!

I picked up some 3/4" pin shackles and they are an extremely tight fight. Had to grind the tab out a bit but got them to work.

I've got the same bumper but have had it for a few years. I think I paid $225 so that would be a pretty good deal!

I picked up some 3/4" pin shackles and they are an extremely tight fight. Had to grind the tab out a bit but got them to work.

Ok guess Ill have to hunt around for some then since most of the main stores seem to carry ones with a 7/8" pin

not to hijack but can it be modified to accomidate a winch?

edit: missed the part about the winch mount bumper also being on sale.

Good post. Overall I dig the bumper but it looks like it leaves a rather large gap between the top of the bumper and the grill and fender:
Nates-1.jpg

Dunno. In the picture of the white XJ it's not so noticeable. Still, that's a damn attractive price.

i am thinking about ordering the winch bumper. i know it will hurt my approach angle. but that just makes it that more interesting!
happyfinger.gif

I have been running a Nates slimline front & Tire carrier rear bumper for a Year & a half, No complaints. Both are rock solid & The prices are great.

I have been thinking of mounting a hidden winch behind the front bumper, I think if i cut out the thin front frame crossmember there will be enough room.

As of 10 minutes ago, I'm in for one (slimline winch w/ wrap around and D-rings)-- I'll post upon receipt to confirm delivery time.

ordered: 03/20/2009
received: 06/12/2009

not quite the 5-6 weeks posted on his site, and definitely more than the 2-7 days from completion date listed on his calender (05/14/2009.)

Jury is still out on the quality, as I'm not too far into sanding/ smoothing the welds yet. It seems fairly stout, but I'll reserve judgment 'til I get everything smoothed and inspected.

I couldn't get Nates 4x4 to answer my Emails or return my calls so I went with Logans Metals.

Their Basic Winch Bumper goes for $309.00. Sometimes cheaper on Ebay:
Jeep Cherokee XJ Front Winch Bumper 84-01 *SALE*$70 OFF
Buy It Now $249.00

XJPowder.jpg.w180h95.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Send them an Email and tell them you saw it on Ebay for 249 but you want to add some Trimmings. She (the owner) is very nice and will work with you.

http://www.logansmetals4x4.com/id9.html

Here's another one with more Trim. Jeep Cherokee XJ Front Winch Bumper w Brush Guard 84-01 $399 on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

SeccarecciWilliam.jpg.w560h293.jpg

I opted for the Jeep Cherokee Front Winch Bumper on Ebay for around $279 (I think) and Emailed them to add all the Trimmings and had it Powder Coated and it only took about a month or so for me to get it.

My XJ. However, I decided to paint over the Powder Coat to have it match my Trim.

VictoriaVanOrder1.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Last edited:
Nice thread hijack. Why do you guys care how much time it takes to get a bumper? If it's quality and a good price, wait for it. I waited almost 2 months for my Rigidco bumper, but damnit it was worth it. 100% awesome quality and IMO the best looking non winch bumper out there.

Also, all you guys that comment about ruining your approach angle. When is the last time you had to drive over a rock or something where your bumper hit before your front tire? I'm pretty sure that's never happened to me and I've been on some pretty decent sized rocks.

Also, all you guys that comment about ruining your approach angle. When is the last time you had to drive over a rock or something where your bumper hit before your front tire? I'm pretty sure that's never happened to me and I've been on some pretty decent sized rocks.
Here you can see around the opening of the winch compartment, all the dents and scrapes from rocks. If you look at where the D-rings are as well, you can also see the scrapes, and you'll see the passenger sidee is bent.

CopyofDSC_3015.jpg

Just because you haven't encountered anything, doesn't mean its not true.

Back