• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Over Head Console for 89 XJ

89heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
I own an 89 XJ as most of you know. I have decided I want to move my CB radio and that my stock dome lights are not that great. I decided an over head console would work great. I searched many forums and websites without any luck. This is when i decided to build my own.

Monday, March 16th, 2009 (Day 1):

The mock up made out of card board and duct tape.

OHCshow2.jpg

This is just a mock up. The actual console will need to be narrowed and possibly lengthened.

It will be made out of 1/4" marine ply with some thin steel or aluminum on the outside. The bottom which is showed in the picture will be removable for the ability to add at a later date and do maintnance. I might possibly put a switch panel in the middle.

This looks like it can be really cool. Can't wait to see this one develop.

I pick up some Plywood and hopefully my jeep Friday. Once I get both I start the task of creation. And i was thinking of painting the steel grey to match my interior and getting some brushed aluminum to make put around the lights and what not to make it pretty.

Back