• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Senic Northwest *pics*

streetpirate

NAXJA Forum User
I just got back from a vacation to the Alvord Desert in southeastern Oregon.

The view from camp. gave me an opportunity to remind the hot rod that its still a jeep
DSCN0175-1.jpg

The edge of the desert
DSCN0168.jpg

The Steens mountains, looking from the alvord desert
DSCN0165.jpg

the pass through the steens headed to the alvord, after 3 hours at 75-100 of wasteland and barren mountains
DSCN0159.jpg

the next few were on the way back, the sigificance is the 2000ft drop from the road to the valley floor, which was about 50 miles across and 100+ miles llong. with the angle you could get from where the pics were taken, the horizion was much further away than normal. that flat plain is the biggest thing i have ever seen in my life.
DSCN0188.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

ive also got some videos that im editing together that will come up soon...

Nice pics:thumbup: I really like that area. Especially the steens mountains.
Wildhorse lake, the highest lake in oregons up there somewhere. Makes me wanna plan a trip there soon.

Goregous!!! Simply_Goregous!!!! :cool:

I've been up on Steens and around the other side to Diamod Craters. Wonderful area!!!! Love it. Just have to manage your fuel supply carefully.

Another area like this is the Black Rock Desert near Gerlach Nevada. Wonderful.....

Great Pictures

Back