• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xcase fluid change

99_XJ_

NAXJA Forum User
Changing the xcase fluid here in a bit. I think ive found the drain plug on the side but i have no idea where the top hole is to put the new in. I got 3q of Dex III. Havent emptied it out yet and have no idea how much to put in.

99 XJ 4.0 231 Xcase.

pics would be helpful. thx

Last edited:
The fill plug is just above the drain plug. It is not even halfway up the case, not on top. Then you just fill into that hole until it fills up to the hole and runs out a little. Only takes 2.5 pints or 1.2 liters. But just fill until it runs out of the upper hole.

Awesome. It was right in front of my face. Didn't see it at first cause its covered with mud. Thanks man.

Sometimes the fill plugs get stuck. Make sure it will come out before you pull the drain plug and drain the T-case.

are the drain/fill plugs black? what kind of oil do people recommend for t-cases?

Sometimes the fill plugs get stuck. Make sure it will come out before you pull the drain plug and drain the T-case.

Also a good idea to pull the fill plug first as it allows air a way in while you're draining your fluid. Otherwise, that first big "glug" when your TC gasps for air through the drain hole will result in a huge mess on the floor.

Back