• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 and Sye

CherokeeCrawler88

NAXJA Forum User
I made this thread because i didnt wanna jump anyone elses thread on this one. But the 8.8 measurements seem to be a little longer than the 8.25. So with a 8.8 axle would it be a ok with a front automatice driveshaft with a sye kit?If anybody as done this please post pics? I will be running 6.5" lift

I'm sure you'd want a heavier tube for the prop driving the rear axle... the front is smaller then the rear, even stock. Mike

the diameter size of the tubing would matter little. the thickness of the tube would be important.

I am using the front DS with my 8.8... no problems

The rear stock DS is thin wall, compared to the front which is a little thicker I believe.

Good point.....glad I offered "heavier"... I've never cut one open but short of that, experience and knowledge rule. After posting I picked up on the "front shaft for rear app." thread, it appears your not alone... come to think of it, I've got one built as a spare myself...just never put stock in the fact it was as heavy as the custom tube I have in there now. Mike

sorry to hi jack
but do you need a sye for 4.5 inches of lift and the 8.8? Im thinking about replacing my 29 spline 8.25 with a 8.8

Back