• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fyi- gauge swap 2000 XJ

thebrick

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I found this 97 XJ 'police package' at a local 'pick-n-pull' yard...got the full gauge cluster from it...has the 'certified' 125mph speedometer.

This 97 XJ was mostly gutted out...drivetrain completely gone, but it had some other 'goodies' that I wanted...front tow hooks, locking gas door and extended idle switch. However, at the time I didn't have all the right tools...I swore to come back next weekend to get rest of the parts...well, DOH!...went back a week later and it was gone...aarrrgghhh!

Anywho, replaced my 'idiot' cluster in my 2000 XJ with the one from the 97...everything works just fine...except two things:

1) low washer light always lit...easy fix...just pulled the bulb.
2) no longer have the 'hatch open' warning light...probably no fix for this cluster.

Just FYI.

I'm having the 97 cluster mileage reprogrammed tomorrow to set the mileage to my vehicle.

Oh yeah, it seems that the voltmeter in the 97 cluster reads about 1 volt lower than actual voltage while the vehicle is running...

FYI There are 97, 98-99, and a 00-01 clusters. IIRC the hatch light will light up when the low fuel light is supposed to come on.

Back