• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-Brake kills power and other fun things

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
so I got motivated today and tried to start the jeep, nothing, new battery clamps, charged and tested battery, brand new starter. Get in the heep and turn the key and fuel pump kicks in, turn it farther and the starter just clicks, go underneath, jump the starter and it spins, but doesn't turn the engine over, pull the starter and check flywheel, everything looks good on the flywheel, grounds are new on starter, get back into the heep, turn the key and nothing happens, no fuel pump, oil gauge goes crazy, take the E-brake off and everything goes back to normal.....but all the starter does is click........pull the E-brake again and it kills everything

could really use help on this one. I got virtual beer :cheers:

TIA

Doug

You probably have a short somewhere in your center console. Get a phillips screwdriver and take apart the storage bin
to get to it all. You might need to take the entire console out. Takes a while but I found about 20 bucks worth of quarters when I did mine:

I had a short that would kill all my gauge lights if my transmission lever was in 1-2 gear and it was a wire that had the insulation worn off and when the tranny was shifted it touched metal.

luckily for me I only have one screw holding my center console in place, I'll check that....thanks

Back