• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running a front locker in an xj?

aquaholic

NAXJA Forum User
rear is now locked, front is still open but i want to lock it. aussie does not recommend running their front locker in a vehicle without having lockout hubs. just wondering if anyone is currently doing this on their xj with the stock automatic hubs and how it reacts on the street.

ive been running an aussie in my d30 for about 2 months now, what they dont reccomend is that you dont run it in a vehicle that is full time 4wd, on the street i havent noticed a difference at all, but when you throw it into 4wd (offroad) you can definately tell the difference, its been the best investment yet on my xj.

just wondering if anyone is currently doing this on their xj with the stock automatic hubs and how it reacts on the street.
XJ's do not have automatic hubs.

rear is now locked, front is still open but i want to lock it. aussie does not recommend running their front locker in a vehicle without having lockout hubs. just wondering if anyone is currently doing this on their xj with the stock automatic hubs and how it reacts on the street.

I like the freedom and options provided by a front selectable. I use Ox. It works well.

i did not realize that RCP. i'm new to the jeep thing. bought the xj in january. i thought they were like my chevy's. i suspect its only the disconnect at the trans case then for the 4wd.

Like someone said above dont run it in a fulltime 4wd like if you have the 242 transfer but if you have the 231 no problem. You can do a u turn and never even knows it there. When you put it into 4 wheel and soon as you tap the throttle or when torque is aplied it locks and there great.Run aussie man best deal you can get for the price and simple to install.

my 97 has the 231. i think you'd definately know its there. you can hear the rear clicking in the turns. no bumping or binding though. edit: the rear is an aussie as well.

Like someone said above dont run it in a fulltime 4wd like if you have the 242 transfer but if you have the 231 no problem.

Umm, you can still run it with a 242 transfercase the exact same as a 231. The 242 has 2 wheel drive, you only put it into full time 4wd when you do in fact need 4wd, otherwise its just stupid.

Aussie is referring to the Grand Cherokee's full time transfercase, that means you truly are in 4wd the hole time, and don't have 2 wheel drive. This is NOT the 242 transfercase.

Running a front Aussie will make it fold like a taco!

Ya its never been done before and I certainly wouldnt recommend it.

x2. lol

i have had an aussie in the front of my xj since oct 06. no problems here

I've got a Detroit soft locker in the rear.. it's PERFECT.. and an ARB in the front. Having a selectable is worth all admissions prices. My ARB is a first gen and pretty much have to deal with it on a yearly basis.. still worth ALL HASSLES!!!!

Back