• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Need metal fuel lines...

1991xjbeater

NAXJA Forum User
I have a large hole in one of the metal lines that runs from the engine down towards the chassis and back. None of the auto parts house carries them or can find them.

What can I do?

Thanks, Chris

Compression fitting would be ok!

You don't have but what a max of 50 Psi there. There is a lil piece of rubber hose that comes off the fuel filter in the back you could just splice a piece in there with some hoseclamps and I sure that would be fine also.

You can probably bend up a suitable replacement from plain brake line of the appropriate size. Whatever you use, make sure its well secured and not rubbing against anything when your done.

Here is what I found. I removed the lines today and found that it was the plastic line that was leaking. Someone cut the line. They tried in several spots before cutting a pretty big hole in it. I found that Advance Auto parts has a plastic fuel line repair kit that contains the line and some barbed couplings. $21.00 later and I have to put it all back into tonight.

Sucks that someone had to do that to me.

Chris

Back