• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which tires??? ltb's?? tread life??

spikyhair87

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at buying some tires soon and i am considering

33x13.5R15 ltb's but i am worried about the tread life....

im def. looking for 33's with a 15" inch rim... (aka give me what you think is the best tire for about 700 a set...)

I want with "really good" offroad abilities but dont want tires that last only 5-10 thousand miles....

i dont drive my jeep much and it is mostly a trail rig but i want some tires that are going to last if im spending close to 700 bucks on a set....

any input... YES I HAVE SEARCHED!!! i realize that there are tons of good things people have said about them but i have heard about durability issues with them.... such as tread life and a few other issues with flat spots.....

my jeep sits alot.... unforuantely..

Thanks!!

Heard tons of good things about the BFG KM2's. I'm actually going to be grabbing a set of 33 12.50's for mine in a couple weeks. There a little pricey, but from what i've researched are well worth it.

Man this is honest truth. nobody will believe it I cant myself. But. 2 Christmas' ago i bought the 31x11.50 Ltbs on my cherokee. I drive 8 miles to work then 8 back. and driving 30 miles trips on weekends to play. I have 12,500 miles on them now and still have 1/4" thread. No lie to the middle chevrons are worn good but the plenty of lugs left. I rotated them every 3,000 or oil change. Great tire

Man this is honest truth. nobody will believe it I cant myself. But. 2 Christmas' ago i bought the 31x11.50 Ltbs on my cherokee. I drive 8 miles to work then 8 back. and driving 30 miles trips on weekends to play. I have 12,500 miles on them now and still have 1/4" thread. No lie to the middle chevrons are worn good but the plenty of lugs left. I rotated them every 3,000 or oil change. Great tire

So... you are saying you have 1/4" depth of tread left after 12,500 miles, and that is GOOD? Just want to make sure I am reading that the right way.

~James

Heard tons of good things about the BFG KM2's. I'm actually going to be grabbing a set of 33 12.50's for mine in a couple weeks. There a little pricey, but from what i've researched are well worth it.

My friend works at discount tire and was going to get me a set cheaper than he could big horns:dunno:

I run radial tsl's (SSRs) and they are pretty much brand new and are serving me well. Tread isnt quite as deep as a TSL or LTB but they run great on the road and i think tread life is a tad better. Im hoping for 40k... but that might be wishful thinking haha

I love my tsl's. I pretty much wear a pair out ever 7-8k and have to get new ones (a pair not all 4) - of course, my alignment is always XXXXED so it wears the fronts quickly - but for $150 a piece (32's) I don't really care since 7-8k takes a long time on my rig

Does anyone have any experience with tires from Big O Tire? I was thinking of getting some because of a good deal that I can get there. No point if I'm gonna have to deal with issues.

Ouy of all the tires for any road use mentioned in this thread, the bighorns are the way to go.and don't go to a 10" rin on a 12.50 tire, hard on unit bearings. properly backspaced 8" rim is what you want.

ok great thanks guys for the responses...

first of all i have a set of 15x8's that im going to use.... *yes even on the 13.5 width*

secondly, please remember i have a budget of 700 or so...

ill check out some ssr's bighorns, and the km2's....

any other suggestions or recommendations or more experience..

Back