• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not going into 4 low after Teraflex 2 low install

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
Just got done putting the Teraflex 2 low kit in my 231 and now it's not wanting to go into 4 low. Still have driveshafts disconnected, etc. and am just "dry" shifting it (no fluid in TC) to make sure everything shifts fine but it wont go into 4 low, or even 2 low I suppose for that matter.

Seems to shift into 4 hi fine and the "part time" light comes on, but when I keep going it goes into N and won't go any farther. Just doesn't want to go.

Any ideas of what could be wrong? Thanks.

Linkage adjustment?

I thought about that but haven't messed around with it too much yet (mostly because I'm going to be installing the Novak shift linkage) right after I get this diagnosed. But would it really make it so it wouldn't even get close to going into 4 low though. Esp. when it worked before the install?

I thought about that but haven't messed around with it too much yet (mostly because I'm going to be installing the Novak shift linkage) right after I get this diagnosed. But would it really make it so it wouldn't even get close to going into 4 low though. Esp. when it worked before the install?

Possible. Worth a try, only takes a few min to adjust.

If the 2 low is in right? Pretty sure it is, seemed like there was really only one way to do it and I'm pretty certain I did it right.

Whats the easiest way to adjust the linkage?

Back