• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 install kit?????

farvaadm

NAXJA Forum User
I've got an 8.8 for my 95 and I'm looking at the MORE perch kit. My only prob lem is the price I found it for 179 at tellico 4x4. So my question is has anyone fond it cheaper or a similar kit for a lesser price. Any answers would be much apricated.

X2 on the rough stuff. Thats what I went with and Iwas very happy. Very beefy parts. Great company to deal with too. $50 cheaper for me than M.O.R.E. and very reasonable shipping.

another option is the TREKS Ubolt Eliminators. but i think the minimum lift on those is 1/2" the come with the UBEs, and high clearance shock mounts too. IMHO, they are more bang for your buck in all the different things that they can do for you

I like the treks kit but i'm already getting lift from the 8.8 and i dont want anymore lift. so it looks like i'll be going with the MORE kit just becuase i cant find anything else.

On mine, using rough stuffs kit, I rotated the shock 90 degrees and picked up some grade 8 bolts. Welded the mounts slightly below the axle centerline. Lost some overall length but gained a bunch of ground clearance.
AXLEPIC5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the relpys but how are those shock mounts going to work they don't have a stud?

With a bolt that passes through the mount and shock which is held in place with a nut and washer. I'd recommend a NYLOC nut (a nut with a nylon insert that prevents it from backing off):doh:

Just wondering though, if you couldn't figure out how to mount the shock, should you really try tackling an Axle Swap?:twak:;)

With a bolt that passes through the mount and shock which is held in place with a nut and washer. I'd recommend a NYLOC nut (a nut with a nylon insert that prevents it from backing off):doh:

Just wondering though, if you couldn't figure out how to mount the shock, should you really try tackling an Axle Swap?:twak:;)

X2. :smoker:

spicer p/n# 2-2-1379 found mine used from drive lines NW for $25 uses same u-joint as the cherokee drive line.

I love the ruff stuff kit, the shock mounts they sell with it are kind of unneeded though in my opinion. They're there, but are just like a couple chunks of metal in that there are multiple ways to mount them and they would require additional modification to use anyway... (ie, adding a bolt to mount shock off of, or running a bolt through the 2 pre drilled eyes, etc..)

Here is my kit, and i love it

2657_1169835091571_1398781016_31422147_3853445_n.jpg

2657_1169831731487_1398781016_31422140_7632967_n.jpg

you can use a #0134, 10134, 10134bf U joint or equivilent - they adapt from the for size to the XJ size - I just got 2 of them on amazon shipped to me for less than $10

To Mr. Gi Jon its not that I cant figure it out its that i couldnt come up with a way that suted me other than a stud. I think that i might go with the ruff stuff kit and just chop up my stock shock brackets.

To Mr. Gi Jon its not that I cant figure it out its that i couldnt come up with a way that suted me other than a stud. I think that i might go with the ruff stuff kit and just chop up my stock shock brackets.

No worries man, I was just giving you a hard time. I guess you didn't catch the ;) smiley in my post.

Good luck!

Back