• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding rear lift

MN-Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ is starting to sit a little lower in the rear. Im not sure if its old springs (RE 4.5" packs bought used several years ago) or if the weight is getting to be too much ( tire carrier, bumper, tool box, skids). Or maybe a combo of both. They have been wheeled on and flexed alot.

What would be the better way to gain about 2" in the rear. I already have a RE shackle and MORE 8.8 1" spring perches.

Upgrade to 5.5" packs? Will this make it too tall? I want level or maybe a slight rake. I know RE packs sit notoriously high when new.

Buy new 4.5" packs. This will only work if being old and worn out is an isssue. I hate to do this and have it sit the same.

Add A Leaf
This is the cheapest and easiest upgrade. Can I do either a RE 2" half or full AAL to the 4.5" pack and gain a little lift? I would really prefer this if it would work?

Thoughts?

Brian

Back