• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Disconnect Pass. Side Seal Removal Help

slikxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys!, BTW I have searched and read up on Stu's and MADXJ's websites. I'm clear on just about everything, the only thing I'm stumped on is on the removal of the above seal. I read MADXJ's way of doing it, with a long threaded rod and a big socket etc. Is there any other way of removing this seal??

Thanks!

I used a piece of conduit and/or broom and a 4lbs mini sledge. As far as putting them back in I ordered a seal press tool from completeoffroad.com and it worked wonders. Start to finish I was done in an hour and a half. The tool is worth its weight in gold. Your doing both seals right?

Finally got the sucker out! I used a 12 inch prybar from Harbor Freight from the inside of the disconnect. Now to get it in I will be using a 1 5/8" socket, fits real snug. On the drivers side, a 36mm socket did the job pronto, also with a 1/2" square and solid bar.

Seems that the drivers side is a piece of cake, I think I'll convert to a one piece soon!!

Back