• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Superior super 44?

rooster

NAXJA Forum User
Is the superior super 44 kit with 33 spline alloy axle shafts overkill?
What would break first, - the 33 spline alloy axle shaft, - locker(arb/detroit), -or the ring gear? Where is the fuseable/weak link?

Would it better to run an upgraded/alloy 30 spline axle shaft to keep the axle shaft as the fuseable link and not the locker or ring gear?

XJ with 35 tires running trails in arizona/utah.

I run the Super 44 with an Arb on 35's and so far so good. I'm running 4.88s and I would definately say the pinion is the weak link. Keeping my fingers crossed!

hard to say. i would say yes, my friends trussed 44 in a yj with 30alloys broke a ring gear. yukon 37 kwrawlers welded. im running some used alloys now 30, detroit and about 35" tires. precision gear, no problems

rooster said:
Is the superior super 44 kit with 33 spline alloy axle shafts overkill?
What would break first, - the 33 spline alloy axle shaft, - locker(arb/detroit), -or the ring gear? Where is the fuseable/weak link?

Would it better to run an upgraded/alloy 30 spline axle shaft to keep the axle shaft as the fuseable link and not the locker or ring gear?

XJ with 35 tires running trails in arizona/utah.

Have you been breaking things with your current setup?

Back