• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Timken hub bearings?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
So i blew out a passenger hub bearing on my XJ, shop wants $150 each for timkens! What the heck, seems like a lot, is there a vender on here who sells them for $70ish? I know you can get them on ebay for that price for WJs

Rockauto's Timken bearings also come with a 1 year guarantee.

Okay i think i figured it out, as most of you know 99 is a change over year from comp to cast, i have the composite rotors i just checked, and i dont think timken sells those. They may, but rock auto only stocks the cast ones. dangit. Anyone know where i can get composite timkens?

I just got 3 yr ones from NAPA for 70$. Figured they wouldnt last 3 years anyway so why pay for lifetime. (dealer discount tho)

i tihnk im going to say screw it and just go to the junkyard and pull a shaft/hub assembly for like $50 or whatever and put that in. Maybe i should keep crappy hubs on there for now untill i can afford alloys, and then run 30 spline outers?

Back