• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good place to dispose of some axles? Recycle maybe?

Mr. Ninja

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 3 axles and some other random suspension stuff off my XJ sitting in my garage taking up space. I need it all gone. Curious if anyone knows of any recycle or metal scrap place (preferably close to Issaquah) that would take all this stuff? Maybe even pay for the steel?

Thanks!

Ive taken them to the scrap metal bin at the dump. That was free.

Ive taken them to the scrap metal bin at the dump. That was free.

x2. No oil in them if you are talking about differential assemblies.

If they are worth more than scrap post them in the for sale section.
Scrap metal took a price dive once the Chinese Olympics were done.

They will pay for aluminum and copper, but will take your steel for free. Take the Issaquah Hobart road, to cedar grove road. Take the cedar grove road to the end, and take a left. Its like an immediate right. Technically Maple Valley, I guess, but its only like 5 mins outside Issaquah.

cool, thanks for the suggestions guys.

they've been posted in the for sale thread for awhile and nobody has wanted them, so off to the scrapper they go.

couple D30's and a D35. if you look in my old threads you can find the specifics if you're interested. otherwise it sounds like that maple valley place will be a good spot since i'm right near there

thanks again!

cool, thanks for the suggestions guys.

they've been posted in the for sale thread for awhile and nobody has wanted them, so off to the scrapper they go.

couple D30's and a D35. if you look in my old threads you can find the specifics if you're interested. otherwise it sounds like that maple valley place will be a good spot since i'm right near there

thanks again!

Details on D30's? Complete, bare, half there?

Interested in taking them off your hands if there good since you're scrapping them anyways.

I sold my 3.07 D35 last summer to a kid doing a build on a Toyota Celica for 50 bucks on craigslist. Did you try craigslist??

This guy was putting a 350 hp Supra motor in an '83 Celica and needed a "beefier axle, like a Jeep axle". I said that the D35 wasn't known for it's strength...he said it would work fine...I took the 50 bucks. I wonder how many pieces it is in now.

Good luck man.

Back