• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

limit straps

limit straps can be picked up from most all off road suppliers, like kartek, mckenzies, or even 4 wheel parts. ive seen them mounted to the axle side sway bar mounts as well, but ive also seen those torn off. best way would be to have 2 tabs welded to the axle and mount the strap in between, so its in a double shear configuration. that would offer the most strength. i have also seen the tabs welded to the lower arms on a long arm setup, but im not sure how much stress that puts on the arm, because you would essentially be hanging the whole front axle off of the arm wherever it was that you placed the mount for the strap.

prm-clv123-l.jpg

tcf-69619-l.jpg

Looking CLEAN! Nice rig Rich!

Here is how I did mine, same clevis as Rich but Jeepspeed rules say front straps must be in front of axle, rear straps behind axle. I had to bend the antirock arms to clear, and used the lower s/b mounts. Polyperformance also sells limit straps.
Good luck

IMG_1079.jpg

Where can i buy this adjuster kit? Every time i change my set up i need different length straps, but if i have these i need not worry no mo. I was just about to buy my 3rd set.
Ford guy your set up looks beautiful, i want more.

Does that mean you have a set or two to sell?
fingersx.gif
I'm just down the hill from you @ Bradshaw & 50. PM me!

Oh, and those adjusters are only $5 at Poly Performance
cool.gif

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Clevis-Mounting-Sleeve-p-16400.html
EDIT: Nevermind! I knew that was too good to be true! The adjuster mounting sleeve is $5!!
Billy

Last edited:
Sorry i'm going to put my extra set in the back pretty soon here. I have a set of 17's now if they don't work with my new shocks once i get them installed i'll let you know. I may have a really short set lying around. I'll let you know if so.

32 without shipping and tax. Thats a little pricey for hardware. There's gotta be a cheaper way to mimic that with a trip to the hardware store.

Where can i buy this adjuster kit? Every time i change my set up i need different length straps, but if i have these i need not worry no mo. I was just about to buy my 3rd set.
Ford guy your set up looks beautiful, i want more.

Jegs has a good selection ranging from $8-$12... you would have to fab the standoff bracket though.
Billy

Back