• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clocking rings

Or unless I am using it as a doubler.......and only using the planetaries......I just don't want to redrill the tranny.

I could see the case being flipped with the right clock ring. I do have a question - how are you going to lube the geartrain, then? ATF does tend to "foam" just a bit - which still makes it a valid concern for what you're trying to do...

I'd really like to hear more - at least this is more useful than the just "Can I flip an NP231 to use a Pax drop axle?"

5-90

Are you doing the madrooster style?. that can cause some clearancece type issues, that might make you want to flip it. if you flip it, shifting arrangements become a major pita.

my recommendation (unless you already bought the madrooster kit) is to google Rueducer and look at his setup. then either buy one from him or copy it. I am having my little brother do something very similar to Rue's on one of mine. with a flipped 300( because they cable shift very nicely.)

cumorglas said:
Are you doing the madrooster style?. that can cause some clearancece type issues, that might make you want to flip it. if you flip it, shifting arrangements become a major pita.

my recommendation (unless you already bought the madrooster kit) is to google Rueducer and look at his setup. then either buy one from him or copy it. I am having my little brother do something very similar to Rue's on one of mine. with a flipped 300( because they cable shift very nicely.)

Well aware of the clearance issue, that is why I am flipping the 231 section. I am doing a built dana 300 behind the box4rocks Just finished the 32 spline front output tonight.....Fortunately I am not afraid to cut on the tranny tunnel. It will all fit nice and neat when complete.

you can get/make a ring to clock it anywhere. i am not to worried about foaming at the speeds you are going to be using this.

like i said my concern with flipping it was shifting arrangement. so for me the 231 is staying right side up and the 300 goes upside down.

but do look at the pic of rue's setup. clean tight sexy. that's what i am going for.

having since checked out the box4rocks, I kinda wish i had known about this seven months ago. I was offended at the price to quality relationship i saw with the madrooster kit and don't get out to N.S often enough to really make the Rue thing work.

in the meantime i bought/found/made tooling to make my little brothers big bridgeport cut splines. learned how to do it. learned why people use cnc(milling is repetitive and tedious work). made plates . found place locally to harden shaft. Heat cryo or both, both then.

still waiting on little bro to do plug and weld into my cut case.

that unit looks nice and the price to quality is VERY nice. from lookin around it seems that people are happy running the 231 cable shifted. I find that surprising but since i have no experience yet i will have to wait to comment.

so go ahead Flip It

Back