• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Issue?

The Lure Washer

NAXJA Forum User
What do you guys think? My 1990 had and electrical issue that I thought was causing my truck to stall. We fix that problem and she ran great for a day. Then today I took her to the bank and and on the way back she stalled again. When she did stall I was at a traffic light and I could hear the idle creep up to about 1000 rpm then when I hit the gas she fell on her face and died. Luckily for me she restart after a few minutes. I got her home and let her idle in the drive way. After about 5 minutes the idle started to creep back up and I would touch the gas and she fall on her face to the point of stall. Id remove my foot from the gas and she'd return to idling around 900-1000rpm. When Id put her in park she was idling at about 1200-1300 rpm. Put her in drive and I could get her to stall all day and kick back on just by touching or releasing the gas. SO, Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone give me some insight as to what could be causing this?

Could be the fuel pump, bad gas, clogged or pinched line, I would check all the easy stuff before putting a dent in your wallet for new parts. Filters, lines, put an additive in to remove any moisture in the gas. With as much driving off road, dust gets everywhere and as little as we might think about it, it can add up. :cheers:

The sensitivity to the gas pedal makes me think it's the TPS. You can test it with an analog multimeter. Might be a dead spot that doesn't show up with a digital.

Do it.

Back