• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floor Cancer. HELP

XJtattoo

NAXJA Forum User
I have found a few holes in my floors in the cargo area and in the driver's floor. I checked through work (Chrysler Jeep dealer) for parts availability and chrysler no longer provides floor pans for the 96 cherokee, and no dealers in the country stock any. I would rather replace the whole floor pan over just patching holes, but I need to find the parts. Anyone have any ideas on where I might find front pans and the rear cargo pan?

I have done it both ways, being that I have put in new pans and also used "street signs". I did not see any difference between the two other then the signs were aluminum and I did not have to worry about rust any longer, but I used rivets closely spaced in conjunction with body panel epoxy to seal things up. All in all welding in the new pans was just as much work, so do what ever you think is right and within your abilities. I know that this does not help you find some new pans but thought it might shine some light on something :D

You can also find some not rusted floor pans out of a wrecked/parts rig and use those as patch panels, I have done that before as well. I have tried different ways on many rigs over the past few years b/c about any XJ in my area is usually a rot box full of rust.

the street signs were just a joke but i have seen it done and they do work although i don't think i would risk getting caught cutting down signs

I actually acquired "retired" signs that had damage on them from a local community college. They were just going to sell them for scrap so it was a win-win situation for both of us. By no means would I suggest getting signs in an illegal manner.

thanks Mutant, that was just what I was looking for.
Somethimes this place is better than google! all I came up with from there was a couple of front pans.

Hey no problem. I actually was looking for them for my friend Matt's 95. The floors were GONE! we ended up getting two hoods from the JY and riviting sheet metal in. If I ever had to do it again I'd go with the replacement panels.

Back