• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

kick panel/ courtesy light

slapshot

NAXJA Forum User
hey all;

2000 xj, super low on the factory feature menu, so low in fact that i have no kick panel lights, nor do i have a glove box light.

my previous xj, a 90 laredo, had the previously mentioned lights, lights i switched to led bulbs. now i have 3 bulbs with no home, as my old xj is no longer.

i was wondering if anyone has fabbed kick panel lights on their xj without them.

they are not necessary or useful by any means, but i have the bulbs, so i might as well tie them into something to use them.

what / how would i go about tying into the stock dimming/ interior lights?

i'm assuming i could just ground them to a body bolt, so that's no problem.

any help would be sweet.

cheers

My 93 had the wiring harness in place but no lights. Not really necessary, but I was ordering other stuff from TeamCherokee and got the brackets for ~$3.00 and got the sockets from my old 85 then in process of decommissioning. Assume you could find suitable sockets at the parts house if you didn't collect them along with the bulbs.

I am not sure about fuse layouts on the 2000 but if wiring is not already in place, how about tapping off the fuse for the dome light with one of the add-a-circuit fuseholders from Littelfuse, provided there is room in the fuse compartment. That arrangement would be a piece of cake with the old open style fuse panel.

Back