• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory build sheet

Ritter4.0

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 XJ 4.0L. I have my factory build sheet, but have no idea how to decode it. I have seen that website where you enter your vin# but for other people it is not accurate. Anyone know how to decode it?

wth is a build sheet?

It is a sheet that contains all the stuff that your XJ was ordered with. Its what they used at the factory and the window sticker when new. There are some discrepancies in them from time to time. It said mine came with chrome something or other but i don't see any on it!

just go up to your local dealership. theyll print them off for free. i have found discrepancies on of my jeeps. it said it came with a 8.25 but it had a d35 under it:dunno:

Take the vin into the parts dept and they'll run it for you in a couple of minutes. I did it on a couple when I was checking them out, and I did it on my '01 before I bought it.

yeah when i requested a build sheet from chrysler, online, the one i got back had quite a bit of misinformation on there. apparently they reuse codes as time goes on. for instance, my build sheet says i have a V-6

I have the original build sheet from in the door panel, and it would be the most accurate if I knew how to decode it. Most of the people use use the website/dealer/auto store get inaccurate codes cause they changed them. It has a bunch of letters on one side, and their meanings on the other. But none of the letters match up as far as I can tell to the ones on the back

Back