• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinion on exhaust, straight pipe after cat?

unclethumbtack

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally started my jeep after a year and I just put a turn down right after the cat. It did not sound that loud so I thought about just running a straight pipe after the cat out the back. Can I get some opinions on my why to do or not do this. As a bonus yes the shackle kit from HD offroading works well (2nd pic). I am almost ready to paint it and roll out. I have got many of my ideas for my build off NAXJA, thanks for your input.

DSC06034.jpg
DSC06044.jpg

I'm pretty sure the muffler is required as a spark arrester in most OHV area's.

You'd think the cat would qualify, but they usually specify "spark arrester/muffler".

Well I finally started my jeep after a year and I just put a turn down right after the cat. It did not sound that loud so I thought about just running a straight pipe after the cat out the back. Can I get some opinions on my why to do or not do this. As a bonus yes the shackle kit from HD offroading works well (2nd pic). I am almost ready to paint it and roll out. I have got many of my ideas for my build off NAXJA, thanks for your input.

DSC06034.jpg
DSC06044.jpg

Do you plan on keeping the cat or removing it ?

I have no cat and replaced the muffler with a 22" magnaflow straight through resonator...on trip's its not to loud and has no drone... on accel it sounds verrry nice !!!

my roomate had a renix with no cat/ muffler...just straight pipe, it sounded like a pissed off tractor at low RPM's

Back