• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

first lift questions

Curtis_H

NAXJA Forum User
Well i just got my new RE 3.5" lift in the mail, and I've got a couple of questions before i go installing everything. My plan is to run 31s. Do i NEED a sye at this height? My rig is a 87 wagoneer with an auto and a d44 rear. Also, I really want to get an adjustable track bar but cash is a little tight for the moment, am i safe relocating the lower mount like the instructions tell me or should i wait and get the new bar? Last question, Im using v8 zj steering (plan to go pick up from local yard this weekend before lift) Would i gain anything from a drop pitman arm? This is my DD rig, and i pull my boat with it regularly, so i want as nice of manners as possible on the road. Any advice would be great, thanks

you can run it with a Transfer case drop... Thats what I had for a year, Ran great.

I have a track bar relocation bracket (Rough Country I think) Which I think raises the axle side hole location about 2 inches... If you'd want it.

I run that same lift on my 98 with no tcase drop or sye. And considering yours is an older rig, you should be fine with no vibes. Also, stock trackbar will be fine. You can redrill the hole as per the instructions and you'll be fine. A drop pitman arm won't hurt. I would have done it but just hear that it's such a PITA to do. I just put on an adjustable track bar a couple of weeks ago and that was a nightmare.

The V8 zj steering is definitely a great upgrade though. I did that when I did the track bar, steering is tighter now. The lift is pretty straightforward though. One issue to look out for is breaking the upper bolts on your rear shocks. If this happens, you have to remove your rear sway bar anyway, the sway bar mounts make perfect bar pin eliminators. Just weld them up where the rear shocks mount. Works perfect.

You won't need a drop pitman arm with that lift.adjustable trac bar should have been on your list. the ZJ tie rod is a great upgrade, i run it myself. try running it without the T/c drop, if you get vibes install it.if you install BPE's remember it will change shock length.

Thanks for the info guys! I think im going to go with a rough country adjustable track bar from Ebay for now, only 75 bucks. I know that its not the best by far, but it will work for now. If I need a transfer case drop i will install one, but how much? 1"?

Back