• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BAD IDLE?

WHITE93

NAXJA Forum User
i put a new 3 inch cold air kit on my jeep today and now i have a very low idial. (500). can someone please help with how to bring it back up to 1000. it wont keep charge this low and i checked for leaks and has a brand new optima red top that i had on a charger for 6 hours thanks

Re: BAD IDIAL?

IDLE.

It normally runs between 7-800, so you're not too far off. Did you bump any of your sensors when installing? Idle Air Control, Throttle Position Sensor?

This needs to be moved to Tech.

Idle speed is not adjustable. There is nothing related to installing a lift which would have an effect on idle. so that must be coincidental. Or as mentioned, did you do anything under the engine bay at approx. the same time?

Does the idle stay steady at 500 or is it a fluctuating, rough idle? Any check engine light? If so, pull codes.

In the absence of any check engine light, cleaning the idle air control and throttle body for idle "quality" issues is never a bad idea.

Idle speed is not adjustable. There is nothing related to installing a lift which would have an effect on idle. so that must be coincidental. Or as mentioned, did you do anything under the engine bay at approx. the same time?

Does the idle stay steady at 500 or is it a fluctuating, rough idle? Any check engine light? If so, pull codes.

In the absence of any check engine light, cleaning the idle air control and throttle body for idle "quality" issues is never a bad idea.

he added a 3" cold air intake.

what year?

Back