• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would someone think?

You wouldn't be able to go crazy on the trail if you were stock height. It's all about travel numbers, and you would have absolutely none if you were stock height... actually probably a bit less with coilovers. Why can't you daily drive something with 33's?

Because i get 12mpg?

i was dd'ing somthing on 35s and was getting upwards of 15mpg

:D

Well why not? Im not talkin 10 feet in the air:scared: Im just saying getting some minor air. This jeep has already some minor air and just want to know from you guys.

Why stock hight... because i like the handling of it on the road. If i lift it with big tires I loose it. And my MPG sucks already.

You wouldn't be able to go crazy on the trail if you were stock height. It's all about travel numbers, and you would have absolutely none if you were stock height... actually probably a bit less with coilovers. Why can't you daily drive something with 33's?

Not true. he'd have plenty of travel...........problem is it would be all down travel!!! haha

The addition of coil overs to a stock height jeep would benefit you in no way at all. You would not be able to go crazy on the trail unless you mean crazy in the head after listening to your suspension bottom out all day. The biggest problem with XJ's and travel is you have to lift them to really gain any usable travel. You NEED up travel as well as down travel but the solid axle and the oil pan are your main limits of up travel.

Well why not? Im not talkin 10 feet in the air:scared: Im just saying getting some minor air. This jeep has already some minor air and just want to know from you guys.

Why stock hight... because i like the handling of it on the road. If i lift it with big tires I loose it. And my MPG sucks already.

Well, this is where you're wrong and why we're here to teach you. If you build your jeep correctly, you will NOT lose any handling abilities. Personally speaking, my jeep handles better than it. Ever did when it was stock, way less body roll and less understeer. Valve your shocks correctly and youre good. To go.

Not true. he'd have plenty of travel...........problem is it would be all down travel!!! haha

The addition of coil overs to a stock height jeep would benefit you in no way at all. You would not be able to go crazy on the trail unless you mean crazy in the head after listening to your suspension bottom out all day. The biggest problem with XJ's and travel is you have to lift them to really gain any usable travel. You NEED up travel as well as down travel but the solid axle and the oil pan are your main limits of up travel.

Haha punkass you knew what I meant. He's not in the CRAWLER section. :gag:

Do about 4" of lift with an anti-rock sway bar and good shocks and bumps then sit back and say hmm I spent as much as an engine cage and coilovers.

Have you priced coilovers? You know that you will need some sort of engine cage to mount them right? Fab is not easy and not cheap so why not just bolt on some good budget stuff like good coils with drop brackets up front then get some good leafs and limit travel with cheap poly bumps and some limit straps. If you add an anti-rock swaybar to that and some good shocks you should have a sweet handling ride that can be re-geared to get almost as good mpg as stock.

I'm getting there. I just fixed the overheating problem, fixed the shifting problem, changed plugs and wires, tps and judging by the front diff fluid ... it's never been changed. I'm gonna do rear diff, tcase, brakes and fluid and PS fluid.

Then, gonna switch out O2 sensors, TREs, and hopefully motor mounts and CA bushings.

Yeah i know, crush my dream, but your right.

Is there a way to make a stock steering better, like a kit or something?

WTF is with you and stock? search for steering upgrades there are too many to list. I run the stock steering with a square tube sleeve welded over the tierod until I use the zj setup with a drop pitman.

Damn guy, because im gess im not rich like eveyone els on this site and put 5 grand under my jeep. Sorry for asking a simple question.

Coilovers would cost as much as a lift for the front of your jeep.

Actually no this is a stock hight marathon rally XJ on kings
I ve been in that car & its quite fast in the rough stuff we were doing 80 mph in the bumps

Last edited:
Back