• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8" coil springs

EazyXJWJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have 8" Rock Krawler coil springs brand new. Haven't put them on. Has any one cut coil springs??? Would you cut it straight down from where the spring ends to the next level? I wouldnt use a torch of course. just askin'...

Try to find the correct coils before you cut them. if you can find ones with the lift you want i'm sure someone would buy those.

hey this is off topic but how long are the 8 inch coils? how many inches from top to bottom?

Pm goatmam and ask him, he and others regularly cut down coils. they may be able to give you specifics on how much to cut to achieve a given heigth. and as you seem to know, don't use heat to do it.

alright thanks. hey if you do find out how to cut the coils post it up in this thread cuz i wanna go the same thing

Goatman runs those coils with 1 loop cut off.

I believe you want to do it with a sawzall type blade to keep the heat down. Cutting it down will help you get the height you want, and get a stiffer spring rate..

best way to cut a coil, if its gunna be donw, is to do it by hand with a hacksaw. it may take some time, but it wont put any heat into the metal. a torch is way too much heat and even a cut off tool will put too much heat into it. aside from decreasing lift, this will also increase spring weight

EDIT: cal just beat me to it

Back