• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

difference between renix head and H.O. obd1

wannajeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am selling the motor out of my XJ. It is a 2000 block, reman 87 spec head with the Renix injection. Would this head work on an OBD1 H.O. XJ if he used my head and his intake and injection?

no, the renix injection system will not work with obd1.

use the 2000 block with the ho(obd1) head, intake, exhaust, and fuel injection.

Aware the renix injection won't work, Will my 87 spec head work with the H.O. intake, and injection on it? To be more clear.... Thanks.

It will, but it will require some adaptation to make the manifolds work. The HO intake ports are 5/8" higher than the RENIX ports, with the manifolds designed accordingly. So, it won't be a straight "bolt-on" swap - you'll have to do some work. No, I haven't details on it, or I'd pass them along - but I believe it's been done, so a search may prove fruitful (sorry, but I can't think of any search strings offhand, either...)

It will, but it will require some adaptation to make the manifolds work. The HO intake ports are 5/8" higher than the RENIX ports, with the manifolds designed accordingly. So, it won't be a straight "bolt-on" swap - you'll have to do some work. No, I haven't details on it, or I'd pass them along - but I believe it's been done, so a search may prove fruitful (sorry, but I can't think of any search strings offhand, either...)

That's all I need, thanks a lot.

Back