• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery cable swap woes...

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
I'm doing the battery cable swap like the one 5-90 offers (sorry 5-90 I would of bought it from you but I totally forgot you were still making the kits) and I'm doing the positive side when I came into this little guy... anyone know where I can get or order a little piece like that? it's the two post positive connection into the fuse block. I check the local hardware stores and no luck, google came up with these company's with 1,000's of pieces but nothing really like this.... maybe someone here has found this little guy, here's a pic to help with the thought process

IMG_0680.jpg

YES!!!! I knew someone would have it!!

wait actually the link brought me to conduit hold downs, I'm still searching through the site however...

Last edited:
Hallo. It is possible to make it yourself.
I read a write up about it , but I can't found it anymore. Mad XJ? or Go-Jeep?

"92 XJ

Thats the first place I went to is go-jeep, and to my surprise I it wasn't up on there.... I remember reading a write up somewhere but I cant remember where it was....

Yes frustrating. You can use a weld lug and bend it. Or copper tube and press it than drill 2 holes in it.
Use than welding wire, crimp and solder. :spin1:

Actually the copper tube might be the ticket... hmm plumbing supply shop...how small can they get that stuff... maybe like .50 dia? I hope? :D

I just cut off that piece at the 90* bend, left the part with the two holes in place, then attached the new cable with a regular lug end to the lower stud.

Easy. ;)

I just cut off that piece at the 90* bend, left the part with the two holes in place, then attached the new cable with a regular lug end to the lower stud.

Easy. ;)

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I'm still looking for two-hole lugs with the correct measurements at a reasonable price.

Holes are 6m/m on 19m/m cenres (1/4" on 3/4") if you deicide to fab something

Easy. ;)

beat me to it...

Ordered a set of jeepersandcreepers heavy duty battery cables for my tj couple years ago that little 2 hole connector was inculded in the deal.Even though I didn't need it always wondered what it was for now I know. :thumbup:

Back