• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

on the market for a good radiator.

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I need a radiator for my 89 and plan to use a 91+ because I've already converted to an open system.
Who sells good quality radiators at decent prices?

Last edited:
I love my GDI 3 row 5 years and going strong.

I have had a couple Go Dans and they performed pretty well for me too. However, I just replaced a GDI that started to heat up after about 3 years, so you are doing great.

If you do a search on this forum, you will see a pattern of GDI raves, followed a couple years later by GDI rants. The truth is probably somewhere in between. I haven't seen anything but raves for the CSF and Dirk at DPG Offroad. I bought one off of him for the poster's exact application and it is rock solid. Either that, or my needle is stuck a a hair below 210. LOL.

hate to hijack - Got a good article to change from Renix to open system? Tnaks

Search is your friend, my friend.
Here's one way:
http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/JTopenSystemSwitch/OpenSystemSwitch.htm
Of course, if you need a new radiator anyway, just get one for a '91 up that has the filler neck/cap. The important part is getting the correct heater control valve. The rest is pretty straightforward. I actually used the old turtle for my overflow tank, but most just get an aftermarket one.

completeradiators.com

2-row all metal "heatbuster extreme" unit

not to reignite the 2-row versus 3-row radiator debate again, but a 2 row radiator will have larger passages that are less likely to get clogged

I ordered a three row csf from radiatorbarn for $160 shipped.Should be here tomorrow.
Thanks for the replies.
I maintain my cooling system so I'm not worried about clogging.....

Back