• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idea for next year...

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
I took it upon myself to 'take under my wing' a couple of guys that were new this year, Brian and Nate. Nate had been to the BL's before but only ran green, his jeep has 4 or so inches and MT's, and Brian had a bb and worn out AT's, we took them both on orange on friday, then pink the next. They both had a great time, and they learned what their jeeps could do.

I think that this is something that we should do every year so the new guys can experiance wf from the 'front seat'.

I know that it's done on a club wide scheme to a certain point, but it would be nice to have experianced wf-ers adopt newbies and show them the ropes through the entire weekend.

I got to know these guys, and again they're just what this club needs, great people.

I just wish I remembered their screen names.

dan

I know that it's done on a club wide scheme to a certain point, but it would be nice to have experianced wf-ers adopt newbies and show them the ropes through the entire weekend.

i think that's a great idea :thumbup:

granted i'm not a member but i thought it was a great idea, i appreciated beezil and chewy doing it with me my first year. either way it was great meeting and making some new friends. i saw them both on 41 on the way home. good meeting you two and your girls.

cheers,

jj

btw thanks for the seat dan. it was great seeing ya again. now next time get your ass down here to chicago.

I think it'd be awesome... If it is still at Attica next year, I plan on being there Thursday afternoon... I slowed down our line cause I kept asking Bob what the next obstacle was... Also be neat to catch a ride on a more advanced trail... I didn't manage to catch one this time around but that's what next year is for.

... If it is still at Attica next year

The only true winterfests are the winterfests in Attica...and if 54 jeeps doesn't prove anything then i don't know what does...

mac 'traditionalist' gyvr

My thought would be maybe at the dinner all the club members could stand up and introduce themselves by there screen name as well as there real name, kinda like an AA meeting and judging by the campfire there is a few of us that may know what that is like as well lol

Coming from the group of "newbies" (Nate, Angie, Bryant, and Mandy)...we think its a great idea to have more experienced wf-ers take new people under their wing. We can honestly say that it made the whole wf experience 100 times better. Thanks to everyone who took the extra time to get to know us and show us the ropes. We will definitely be back!
Nate

I think name tags with your screen name would be a great thing for us who dont know alot of people.
HI MY NAME IS: Cardboard

I took it upon myself to 'take under my wing' a couple of guys that were new this year, Brian and Nate. Nate had been to the BL's before but only ran green, his jeep has 4 or so inches and MT's, and Brian had a bb and worn out AT's, we took them both on orange on friday, then pink the next. They both had a great time, and they learned what their jeeps could do.

I think that this is something that we should do every year so the new guys can experiance wf from the 'front seat'.

I got to know these guys, and again they're just what this club needs, great people.

I just wish I remembered their screen names.

dan

Dan,

I agree 100%

no need for me to elaborate beyond that.

-Tyler

Great idea. I think this should happen on more of a volunteer type thing where if you want to take the initiative to show a guy the ropes.......you just do it. I'd rather not assign noobies to someone. I wish I could have adopted a noobie. It's just hard to do when you're trying to keep the show rolling. Maybe we could ask the Vets if they're interested in adoption and then inform the noobies of who's willing? I guess we've got time to figure it out.....:D

Introductions at the dinner is a good idea. We should do that next time.

I've said it before, WF will be in Attica as long as I'm the President of the greatest of all NAXJA chapters.....the MWC.

Well I think it'd be safe to say that Bob showed me the ropes on the trail, and I learned a great amount of information! Although next time I plan on having a lift and tires, I'd still like to have someone (like Bob) giving me pointers. I think we newbs need to give the "old guys" a lot of thanks and respect for showing us the ropes. I also plan on bringing my friend with his 88 down next year, he saw my pictures I took and just about wet himeself on the spot. I agree with all of the above, if the Vets want to train someone, it'll make them feel more at home and also help people get to know each other!

Well I think it'd be safe to say that Bob showed me the ropes on the trail, and I learned a great amount of information! Although next time I plan on having a lift and tires, I'd still like to have someone (like Bob) giving me pointers. I think we newbs need to give the "old guys" a lot of thanks and respect for showing us the ropes. I also plan on bringing my friend with his 88 down next year, he saw my pictures I took and just about wet himeself on the spot. I agree with all of the above, if the Vets want to train someone, it'll make them feel more at home and also help people get to know each other!

I agree BOB is the man! He gave me some good pointers too. The most important one was to just trust my Jeep.

I think those tires were your problem Austin you made it through everything but the mud!

I agree BOB is the man! He gave me some good pointers too. The most important one was to just trust my Jeep.

I think those tires were your problem Austin you made it through everything but the mud!

Yes I do too... Im wondering if I aired them down just a little more... They started at 34psi but I had taken them down to 20... Ohh well... I'm going to have different ones next year.... 31 or 32s....

P.S. When Bob says trust your Jeep, TRUST YOUR JEEP! LOL
P.P.S. When Bob says "don't follow me", go the other way! :wave1:

I agree with the noob thing. it is great to see a new jeeper figure out how to tackle a obstacle and the look on there face when they did it = priceless My noob was in the grand wagoneer and it was his first time at the badlands and i broke him in good on orange trail then later as copilot in the Quarry.

I like the adopt a newbie program. Maybe that'll be next years hoodie and......maybe not.:D "I adopted a noobie" great big on the back of a tittie pink zippy. :laugh3:

What other realistic areas do you think could see improvement? Topless servers at the Sat. night dinner is already on the list.:thumbup:

Back