• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender flares in snohomish county??

ajbroullett1234

NAXJA Forum User
Alright so i want to take my rear fender flares and do away with all that un-needed metal but my xj is my daily driver, im guessing il probably have to put on some mud flaps in the place of the flares i also was hoping to get some suggestions on how and where youv mounted yours?

Well I've been running a trimmed rear with no fender flares for 5 months or so and have never once been hassled by the cops, but I also run 10.5" wide tires on 3.75BS rims so they don't stick out more then a few inches. Unless your running bigger I wouldn't worry.

Otherwise, search the cut and fold trim for the fenders. Or just trim off some of the rear and leave flaps for the fenders or something. Unless your hitting though, I wouldn't bother.

~Scott

Alright so i want to take my rear fender flares and do away with all that un-needed metal but my xj is my daily driver, im guessing il probably have to put on some mud flaps in the place of the flares i also was hoping to get some suggestions on how and where youv mounted yours?

Mud flaps do not go "in place" of flares. You need to have fender coverage at least to the edge of the tire and mud flaps the entire width of the tire down to the center line on the axle.

Well I've been running a trimmed rear with no fender flares for 5 months or so and have never once been hassled by the cops, but I also run 10.5" wide tires on 3.75BS rims so they don't stick out more then a few inches. Unless your running bigger I wouldn't worry.

Otherwise, search the cut and fold trim for the fenders. Or just trim off some of the rear and leave flaps for the fenders or something. Unless your hitting though, I wouldn't bother.

~Scott
iv done as much trimming as i could today, i think its about as good as it will get until i can afford to lift it im runin bfg 31's allterrain, they scrape a little but not bad and since i trimmed everything that could possibly scrape before the tire bottoms out on the fender well. it actually flexes decent with those big tires i havent wheeled it yet tho so wheel see what happens.

Mud flaps do not go "in place" of flares. You need to have fender coverage at least to the edge of the tire and mud flaps the entire width of the tire down to the center line on the axle.

This is the law, which I was reminded of by a Sno county sheriff less than a week after lifting mine. TJ flares and universal mud flaps went on less than 2 days later.

Back