• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock advice

themangeraaad

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, heads up: hasta

Now that thats out of the way, I'm looking for a bit of help on shock selection. With the sale on Edelbrock shocks going on, I figure its about time to pick something up since I plan on going bigger in the *near* future. Right now I am at 3.5" of lift and running 33x12.50's. My plan is to go to 4.5"-5" or so of lift while running 35"-36" tires. Pretty much lifting the minimum amount possible to efficiently run that size tires.

I am looking at a set of the Xtreme travel IAS shocks there are shocks available for XJ's with 3"-4.5" of lift, and another set for XJ's with 6" of lift. Since I plan to fall in at probably a bit over 4.5", probably right around 5" after all is said and done, I am right between the two.

Question is, which set should I get? Right now I am leaning towards the 6" set as I have no plans on pushing past 5", but then again maybe time will change that. I also figure that I could relocate the shock mounting locations an inch or so to make up the difference between the 5" actual lift, and the 6" lift they were designed for. Pretty much give myself a little bit extra to play with rather than finding out the 4.5"s are too short and being completely SOL.

Advice please?

-Scott

Yeah, I know the "proper" way to do it, but the sale will be ending before I get more lift so I was hoping for some generalized advice (though I know that you cant really generalize stuff like that.) Oh well

no no no, you got it all wrong, its Xtreme... :D

as in:
"64506: Xtreme Travel IAS for 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 2WD & 4WD 3-4.5" lifted"

as quoted from Edelbrocks site. haha.

Back